Thursday, October 22, 2009

Completed Week 1 of my Half-Marathon Training

Well, today is the end of week 1 for my half-marathon training. I topped the week off with a 4 miler. It was not so bad. The hardest part was taking days off of running. Prior to deciding to do this, I just ran everyday, but usually no more than 1 or 2 miles each day. Occasionally I would stretch it out, but I think that this method is so much better. My body has time to recover (like my dad has always told me it needs, haha maybe I should start listening to him more often) and feels so much better at the start and end of each run. I don’t run more than 2 days in a row; and that is only once a week. I have a day off after the other runs. Because it is my first race I am not going to push myself for a specific time in the race; just to finish will be a major accomplishment for me. But I guess I will try to shoot for less than 2 hours for my first round. Since I ran the Cooper River 10K (6.2 miles) in 1 hour 56 seconds, and the Half-Marathon is 13.1 miles, I feel like this is a reasonable goal as I do not want to push my body to be an Olympic runner. I am just doing this to stay healthy and keep in shape. Plus it is a lot of fun, but talking like that is what gets my co-workers telling me that there is something wrong with me, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment